- The Stancombe or Lypiatt Cross – one of the oldest monuments in Gloucestershire (PDF)
- The Gloucestershire Wildlife Trust has a regular range of events in the county for you to attend
- The Dark Skies Handbook (PDF) – latest edition
- Star Count 26th February – 6th March. The Countryside Charity has created a handy video to show you how to take part. And if you have young children, or know someone who does – why not order a copy of Gem and I, a magical children’s book on the importance of dark skies.
- The Stone Stile Project – a project with support from Campaign for the Protection of Rural England (CPRE) to identify as many stone stiles in Gloucestershire as possible and discover more of the history of each stile. Article For Parish Magazines And Other Publications Feb 2021 (PDF)
- #DiscoverStroudDistrict. You can find out more information on the campaign at www.discoverstrouddistrict.com
- Stroud District Council consultation on canal restoration: For more information on the canal project visit Cotswold Canals Project website, which hosts information from all the Cotswold Canals Partnership members and Cotswold Canals Connected (these sites will be shown in a new browser window or tab).
- The Parish Council’s Response (PDF) to the SDC consultation on the restoration of the Stroudwater and Thames and Severn canals.
- Deadline to register England’s footpaths cancelled after public access campaign- read here for further information
- Walking in Gloucestershire has more than 70 FREE Gloucestershire walks to download, and details of all the books, maps and walking groups in the county. A map showing all public rights of way in Gloucestershire
- You can also see maps showing local footpaths around our villages here: Bisley, Eastcombe, Oakridge
- Advice on walking your dog in the countryside. (PDF) from Gloucestershire County Council.