Stroud District Council’s Community Services team is reminding residents to make sure their waste and recycling is put out by 6am on the morning of collection.
- The Household Recycling Centre at Pyke Quarry, Horsley is now open for pre-booked visits only. Social distancing measures will be in place to help keep visitors and staff safe and crucially anyone with covid-19 symptoms and those in self-isolating households MUST NOT visit. For more details and to book a slot
- Recycle for Gloucestershire
- Recycling Collection Calendar 2022
- Recycle Don’t Burn – Please think of your neighbours and the environment
Stroud District Council no longer offer free collection of bulky items, however if you have any furniture or other large items that are in reasonably good condition, why not donate them to a charity so other people can make use of them?
You could contact local charities such as:
- The British Heart Foundation will collect your unwanted furniture and electricals. To book a free and fast collection call your Gloucester Store on 01452 401 989 or click on BHF Collection
- The Furniture Recycling Project – tel: 01452 302303 – or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emmaus – tel: 01452 413 095 or email: email@example.com
- Sue Ryder – tel: 0845 050 1953 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stroud District Furniture Bank (PDF) work together with the Stroud Foodbank and can use your unwanted furniture to make a positive change in our community.
For more details see their website.
- Stroud Foodbank – tel: 01453 367 077
There are also several websites that you can advertise your unwanted items for free including Freecycle and Freegle.