Coronavirus and Support in the Community
The Coronavirus situation is changing with new information being made available on a frequent basis. There is a lot of help and support available from a variety of sources within the parish and below you will find details of this and the latest information available. We will continue to update this page on a regular basis.
- Latest government advice on Coronavirus – latest guidance on Staying alert and safe (social distancing)
- Mobile testing units via GCC website link
- NHS information and advice on Coronavirus
- In response to the Coronavirus outbreak, Gloucestershire County Council has launched a Community Help Hub to connect local people who need help, with others who can provide the support they need. Any Community groups that are offering support should register their details via this link Gloucestershire Community Help Hub. If you are aware of any individuals or families that require support please also advise them to register their details via the portal.
- Due to the impact of Coronavirus over 5.5 million people are claiming Universal Credit. Many of them are new to claiming Universal Credit having been negatively impacted by Coronavirus. Here’s the Universal Credit guide https://www.jobcentrenearme.com/universal-credit/
- Coronavirus advice from Stroud District Council and their Covid 19 Community Information Pack (PDF)
- SDC has an interactive map showing information about community support groups across the district. Additional information about support arrangements in each of our villages is shown below.
- Community Supporters Happy to Help (PDF)
- Be aware of Coronavirus scams
At present there are three main scams at large which we can publicise to help people falling victim:
• a text message sent saying people have breached the Government’s lockdown rules and including a link where they can pay a fine;
• another falsely offering a payment from Her Majesty’s Revenues and Customs to help support the individual during the national lockdown; and
• a third aiming to collect personal information including name, date of birth and bank details, in order to assist with a COVID-19 business grant application.