Coronavirus And Support In The Community
The Coronavirus situation is changing with new information being made available on a frequent basis. There is a lot of help and support available from a variety of sources within the parish and below you will find details of this and the latest information available. We will continue to update this page on a regular basis.
- Latest government advice on Coronavirus – latest guidance on Staying alert and safe (social distancing)
- Mobile testing units via GCC website link
- NHS information and advice on Coronavirus
- Advice for Allotment holders from the National Allotment Society
- In response to the Coronavirus outbreak, Gloucestershire County Council has launched a Community Help Hub to connect local people who need help, with others who can provide the support they need. Any Community groups that are offering support should register their details via this link Gloucestershire Community Help Hub. If you are aware of any individuals or families that require support please also advise them to register their details via the portal.
- Coronavirus advice from Stroud District Council and their Covid 19 Community Information Pack (PDF)
- Be aware of Coronavirus scams
At present there are three main scams at large which we can publicise to help people falling victim:
• a text message sent saying people have breached the Government’s lockdown rules and including a link where they can pay a fine;
• another falsely offering a payment from Her Majesty’s Revenues and Customs to help support the individual during the national lockdown; and
• a third aiming to collect personal information including name, date of birth and bank details, in order to assist with a COVID-19 business grant application.
- Due to the impact of Coronavirus over 5.5 million people are claiming Universal Credit. Many of them are new to claiming Universal Credit having been negatively impacted by Coronavirus. Here’s the Universal Credit guide https://www.jobcentrenearme.com/universal-credit/
- Action Fraud – find out about the latest scams and online fraud, and how to avoid them.
- Rogue Traders If you have anyone on your door that will not leave, is very persistent or becomes abusive towards you please call 999. If you should see someone acting suspiciously in your area please report to the police on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Household Recycling Centre at Pyke Quarry, Horsley is open for pre-booked visits only. Social distancing measures will be in place to help keep visitors and staff safe and crucially anyone with covid-19 symptoms and those in self-isolating households MUST NOT visit. For more details and to book a slot see the Gloucestershire County Council website.
- Temporary Road Closure, London Road, for Stroud Farmers Market – 10th April 2021 to 25th September 2021 (Saturdays only)
- SDC notice about garden fires
- SDC has an interactive map showing information about community support groups across the district. Additional information about support arrangements in each of our villages is shown below.
Bisley News July/August edition
Bisley Community Group of local volunteers, organised through the George Stores, offers support to anyone in isolation who needs food, medicine, or other help our volunteers can provide. The group can be contacted through any of the Bisley Ward Parish Councillors:
- Martin Brown 01452 770878
- Lesley Greene 01452 770018
- Dave Partridge 01452 770986
- Hazel Saunders 01452 770606
For more information see the Bisley Village website.
Community Support – Please contact one of the co-ordinators below, who can in turn find someone to help with your shopping / prescription collection / chat etc etc.
- Bournes Green: Beth Taplin – 07989 743068 or 01452 770872
- Tunley: Louisa Crisp – 01285 760684
- Waterlane: Katy Craine – 01452 770111
- Far Oakridge: Vicky Beard – 07763 124285 or 01285 760339
For more information see the Oakridge Village website