Village Design Statements
The following list of publications and documents will considered by the working group in the production of the Village Design Statements.
- The Landscape of Gloucestershire, Alan Pilbeam, Tempus Publishing
- England in Particular, Sue Clifford and Angela King, Hodder & Stoughton
- Stroud District Local Plan, published by Stroud District Council.
Available from www.stroud.gov.uk.
- The Dry Stone Walls in the Chalford Area, Janet Gaskell & Nigel Paterson. An informative and useful publication on dry stone walls published in 1999 as part of the Chalford Village Walls Project.
- Severn Wye Energy Agency This website offers a useful source of information on various energy systems from an independent body.
- The Cotswold Design Code, published by Cotswold District Council
- A series of Cotswold Design Guides published by Cotswold District Council and covering:
- Casement Windows
- Stone Slate Roofing
- Traditional Chimneys
- Traditional Dormer Windows
- Dormer Window Technical Guidance
- Chimney Technical Guidance
- Casement Windows Technical Guidance.
- Cotswolds Conservation Board Position Statement on Renewable Energy - covering six types of renewable energy suitable for the Cotswolds AONB.
- Ways to Tackle Climate Change: Parish and Town Councils Act on CO2, DEFRA Publications (tel 08459 556000)
- Cotswold Stone Homes by Michael Hill
- Histories of Bisley, Eastcombe and Oakridge by Juliet Shipman and Others
- Pevesner Guide to the Cotswold and Gloucestershire
- The Victoria County History (Gloucestershire)
- Gloucestershire Biodiversity Action Plan
- The Transition Handbook - from oil dependency to local resilience, Rob Hopkins, 2008
- National Society of Allotment and Leisure Gardeners provides legal guidance re allotment rights and legislation to councils, as well as support to local allotment groups.
- Council for Protection of Rural England Tranquillity Policy
- The Bisley Village Conservation Area Statement produced by Stroud District Council (PDF 4.5 Mb).