Roads and Transport
Follow Glos Highways on Twitter
- Road closures
If you require any further information regarding these closures please contact Gloucestershire Highways on 08000 514 514.
- Hayhedge Lane, Bisley, will be closed (as per the attached plan) from 3rd February to 5th February 2020. This is to allow for works by Severn Trent Water Ltd. The closure reference is TTRO 3017.
- Edgeworth To Daneway Inn - this road will be closed from the 24th February to the 28th February 2020 to allow contractors working on behalf of Thames Water to carry out installation of a new water service. The closure reference is TTRO 1981 3/191.
Snow Wardens - a local update of the current situation during winter weather, a map of the priority routes and links to weather forecasts and road reports
- Changes to local bus services
There have been a number of changes to local bus services affecting Bisley, Eastcombe and Oakridge from 5th September 2016. Cotswold Green will be providing the only service for our three villages - see the new timetable for service 8B. The weekly services to Cirencester and Gloucester have been discontinued.
The Stagecoach service between Stroud, Brimscombe and Bussage is still running - see the timetable for Service 61.
- Transport Options
- Public transport - bus and train information
- Private transport - Stroud Car Club
- Schools transport
- Cycling - where to hire a bicycle in Stroud
- Walking - local footpath maps and public rights of way
Confirmation of an Order for an additional length of public footpath connecting Mount Pleasant and Van der Breen Street in Bisley with Lypiatt Parish
- Report a Pothole or any other road defect to Gloucestershire Highways (opens in a new window or tab).
- See an online map of current and scheduled road works in Gloucestershire (opens in a new window or tab).
- AA Traffic News - the BBC Travel News website is no longer available.
- The Gloucestershire County Council new Local Transport Plan (2015-2031).
- Public Consultation 16th January – 26th March 2020
- Stroud District Council – Stakeholder & Public Consultation Event (Drop In) Thursday 13th February (11am - 3pm)
- Stroud District Road Safety Group
- Gloucestershire Freight Gateway
Gloucestershire County Council has launched a new website which helps lorry companies to avoid low bridges, narrow lanes and weight restrictions, and plan where to stop.
The Freight Gateway is a new online service to help hauliers plan their lorry routes in and through the county. A lorry driver, or a logistics planner, can visit the website and enter the size of their vehicle by putting in its height, width and weight along with the journey start and finish points. A map will then be displayed which shows the best route to take. The suggested route will avoid any low bridges or narrow lanes, and any roads with a weight restriction which applies to that vehicle.
Residents can also use the new service to report to the council any lorries they see using an unsuitable route - just click on the 'Lorry Watch' tab at the top of the map.