Roads and Transport
Follow Glos Highways on Twitter
- Road closures
If you require any further information regarding these closures please contact Amey Gloucestershire on 08000 514 514.
- Wells Road, Bisley, will be closed from 21st March to 23rd March 2018. This is to allow for works by Severn Trent Water Ltd. The Closure Reference is TTRO 2688.
Snow Wardens - a local update of the current situation during winter weather, a map of the priority routes and links to weather forecasts and road reports
- Changes to local bus services
There have been a number of changes to local bus services affecting Bisley, Eastcombe and Oakridge from 5th September 2016. Cotswold Green will be providing the only service for our three villages - to see the new timetable go to TravelLine and search for Service 8B. The weekly services to Cirencester and Gloucester have been discontinued.
The Stagecoach Service 64 between Stround, Brimscombe and Bussage is still running.
- Transport Options
- Report a Pothole to Gloucestershire Highways (opens in a new window or tab).
- See an online map of current and scheduled road works in Gloucestershire (opens in a new window or tab).
- AA Traffic News - the BBC Travel News website is no longer available.
- The Gloucestershire County Council new Local Transport Plan (2015-2031).
- Gloucestershire Freight Gateway
Gloucestershire County Council has launched a new website which helps lorry companies to avoid low bridges, narrow lanes and weight restrictions, and plan where to stop.
The Freight Gateway is a new online service to help hauliers plan their lorry routes in and through the county. A lorry driver, or a logistics planner, can visit the website and enter the size of their vehicle by putting in its height, width and weight along with the journey start and finish points. A map will then be displayed which shows the best route to take. The suggested route will avoid any low bridges or narrow lanes, and any roads with a weight restriction which applies to that vehicle.
Residents can also use the new service to report to the council any lorries they see using an unsuitable route - just click on the 'Lorry Watch' tab at the top of the map.