Roads and Transport
Follow Glos Highways on Twitter
- Road closures
- Back Lane, Bisley, will be closed (as per the attached notice) from the 11th November to 13th November 2020. This is to allow for works by Severn Trent Water Ltd.
- Notice of Emergency Road Closure at Farm Lane, Oakridge Lynch, from it's junction with Bakers Mill to outside the property known as Frampton Place. This road will be closed from 25th June 2020 for a distance of approximately 180 metres. The closure is necessary for emergency works to a dangerous structure blocking the carriageway. This road is now expected to be closed until March 2021.
- London Road in Stroud is now only closed on Saturdays from Cornhill to the end of John Street to make Stroud Farmers Market a safe place to shop and visit while coronavirus social distancing measures are in place.
If you require any further information regarding these closures please contact Gloucestershire Highways by email . Please only call 08000 514 514 in an emergency.
Snow Wardens - a local update of the current situation during winter weather, a map of the priority routes and links to weather forecasts and road reports
- Changes to local bus services
There have been a number of changes to local bus services affecting Bisley, Eastcombe and Oakridge from 5th September 2016. Cotswold Green will be providing the only service for our three villages - see the new timetable for service 8B. The weekly services to Cirencester and Gloucester have been discontinued.
The Stagecoach service between Stroud, Brimscombe and Bussage is still running - see the timetable for Service 61.
- Transport Options
- Public transport - bus and train information
- Private transport - Stroud Car Club
- Schools transport
- Cycling - where to hire a bicycle in Stroud
- Walking - local footpath maps and public rights of way
Confirmation of an Order for an additional length of public footpath connecting Mount Pleasant and Van der Breen Street in Bisley with Lypiatt Parish
- Report a Pothole or any other road defect to Gloucestershire Highways (opens in a new window or tab).
- See an online map of current and scheduled road works in Gloucestershire (opens in a new window or tab).
- AA Traffic News - the BBC Travel News website is no longer available.
- The Gloucestershire County Council new Local Transport Plan (2015-2031).
- Stroud District Road Safety Group
- Lorry Watch
This website helps lorry companies to avoid low bridges, narrow lanes and weight restrictions, and plan where to stop.
Residents can also use this website to report to the council any lorries they see using an unsuitable route.