- What's On - events in and around the parish during November and December
- Parish Charities
- Twinning Association
- Bisley Allotments Find out all about Master Gardeners
- Eastcombe Allotments
- Eastcombe Allotments have some plots available for immediate rent. For further information contact the Allotment Warden, Robert Bryant or the Parish Clerk - tel 01452 771 089 or .
- Oakridge Allotments
- The Fruit Exchange a new project to save unwanted fruit around Stroud from being wasted.
- Sheffield University MYHarvest (Measure Your Harvest) is an opportunity to participate in an exciting research project that will estimate the contribution people who grow their own fruit and vegetable crops are making to UK national food production. For more information on how to contribute see MYHarvest.
- Gardening is good for you - get an allotment!
Researchers from The Swedish School of Sport and Health Sciences and
Karolinska Institutet in Stockholm, Sweden, used a cohort study of over 4,200 Stockholm residents aged 60 and over. The results of the study, which tracked participants' cardiovascular health for around 12.5 years, were published online in the British Journal of Sports Medicine.
The findings show that keeping active through gardening or DIY projects can cut the risk of heart attack or stroke by up to 30%.
- An interview with Isabel Oliver, Consultant Epidemioligist and Director of Field Epidemioligy for Public Health England, by Lesley Greene. This article was reproduced from Issue 1 2018 of the Allotment and Leisure Gardener magazine with kind permission of the National Allotment Society.
- Parish Tennis Court
There is an all weather tennis court in Oakridge that is available to all residents of Bisley-with-Lypiatt Parish who sign up for membership. Family membership costs just £20.00 a year and the annual subscription is payable to the Parish Clerk at the beginning of April. This seems remarkably good value for those of you who enjoy a game of tennis! To join and for more informtion please contact our Parish Clerk Mrs D Meredith - tel 01452 771 089 or .
- Action Fraud - find out about the latest scams and online fraud, and how to avoid them.
- FREE information sessions for adults about keeping their children / young people safe online. Includes: Cyber Safety, School-Beat, Sexting and the effect of online pornography on young people. Stroud Subscription Rooms 09.00-16.30 on Saturday 23rd November 2019.
- Stroud District Council's Community Services team is reminding residents to make sure their waste and recycling is put out by 6am on the morning of collection. Collection dates have not changed but the times at which collections are made have been revised and some collections will now be earlier.
- The household recycling centre at Pyke Quarry, Horsley, is currently open from 10.00 to 16.00. It is closed all day on Wednesdays.
- Bulk Waste Disposal - Stroud District Council no longer offers free bulk waste collection, but there are lots of options...
The University of the Third Age (U3A) movement is a unique and exciting organisation which provides life-enhancing and life-changing opportunities. Retired and semi-retired people come together and learn together, not for qualifications but for its own reward: the sheer joy of discovery!
Members share their skills and life experiences: the learners teach and the teachers learn, and there is no distinction between them.
For more information see the Stroud and District U3A website.
The U3A movement is supported by its national organisation, the Third Age Trust.
- Frith Youth Club